Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Wong <up...@yahoo.com> on 2010/12/14 03:26:19 UTC

JAX-RS Array Serialization Issues

Hi,

I ran into the problem listed at:
http://cxf.apache.org/docs/jax-rs.html#JAX-RS-DealingwithJSONarrayserializationissues

Is it necessary to set the arrayKeys list for the this to work?  Can I get all
lists of size 1 to serialize properly?

Thanks,
-Robert

Re: JAX-RS Array Serialization Issues

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Monday 13 December 2010 9:26:19 pm Wong wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I ran into the problem listed at:
> http://cxf.apache.org/docs/jax-rs.html#JAX-RS-DealingwithJSONarrayserializa
> tionissues
>
> Is it necessary to set the arrayKeys list for the this to work?

Yes.

> Can I get
> all lists of size 1 to serialize properly?

Not without the arrayKeys set.   The basic reason is that we just feed the
JAXB marshaller an XMLStreamWriter that happens to output JSON.  The writers
have no idea what they are writing.    They just get events like startElement
and such.   For any given startElement, it needs to know if it should output
it as a json array or not.   It's not something JAXB provides to the writer.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org