Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by srini <na...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/30 16:15:17 UTC

From an external Java program, I want to send some XML to NiFi.

Here is my requirement:
From an external Java program, I want to send some XML to NiFi. Whenever
NiFi gets that XML, it does something.

1) What NiFi process I need to use to get this request from Java.

So far, I learned how to start/stop the flow and process from Java. I am
using NiFi 1.0.

2) I have tried to use HandleHttpRequest, but it is showing this Error:

HTTP Context Map' validated against 'StandardHttpContextMap' is invalid
because Controller Service
StandardHttpContextMap[id=2c5ddba9-ed6a-4c5f-d911-bfd6468bf19b] is disabled.

Thanks
Srini

Re: From an external Java program, I want to send some XML to NiFi.

Posted by Andy LoPresto <al...@apache.org>.
StandardSSLContextService is necessary if you want the incoming HTTP connections to be over HTTPS (i.e. encrypted and secured). If you want this feature, you will need to configure an SSL controller service with your keystore and truststore files and the appropriate passwords.

Andy LoPresto
alopresto@apache.org
alopresto.apache@gmail.com

Posted by Andy LoPresto <al...@apache.org>.
Hi Srini,

To move data from an external Java process to NiFi, there are a number of possible solutions. If the data can be serialized to disk, simply writing it to a file in the Java process and using the GetFile processor in NiFi is the easiest way.

If you want to use HandleHTTPRequest, you will need to enable the StandardHttpContextMap controller service [1], as indicated by the error message you posted. It appears you have already created it, but you have not yet enabled it. After entering the Controller Services management dialog, there should be a lightning bolt icon on the right that you can click to enable this controller service.

[1] https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/user-guide.html#Controller_Services

Andy LoPresto
alopresto@apache.org
alopresto.apache@gmail.com