Posted to users@hudi.apache.org by Sivabalan <n....@gmail.com> on 2021/02/02 16:47:25 UTC

User support issues

Hi folks,
    We realized that some of user reported bugs and usability tasks, etc
have not much attention. So have went through all issues and jiras and have
compiled a list here
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HUDI-1571?jql=project%20%3D%20HUDI%20AND%20status%20in%20(Open%2C%20%22In%20Progress%22%2C%20Reopened%2C%20%22Patch%20Available%22%2C%20New)%20AND%20labels%20%3D%20user-support-issues>.
All these jiras are tagged with "user-support-issues". On a high level, any
jira related to bugs reported by users, or relating to usability,
reliability or onboarding or documentation or similar thins are tagged with
this label. We have around 95 of them out of which 25 have PRs already.
The scope for most of them should be less. Avoided very big asks(major
feature) in general so that we will first focus on these simple and
critical ones as larger ones anyways need more time and more hands.

Would recommend folks to pitch in and take up some of these tasks and help
improve our community.

Please assign tickets to yourself or leave a comment if you have any
questions.

-Sivabalan

Re: User support issues

Posted by Raymond Xu <xu...@gmail.com>.
+1 very helpful!

Re: User support issues

Posted by Raymond Xu <xu...@gmail.com>.
+1 very helpful!

Re: User support issues

Posted by Sivabalan <n....@gmail.com>.
Sure Vinoth.

On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 12:33 PM nishith agarwal <n3...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for doing this triaging Siva. This will help pick usability issues
> that don't get surfaced. I'll assign few to myself.
>
> -Nishith
>
> On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 8:50 AM Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Thanks for champion efforts here, to pull this list Siva.
> >
> > Can we also add a line to the contributing guide pointing to this label?
> > that way, people can find this list right off docs as well.
> >
> > On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 8:47 AM Sivabalan <n....@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi folks,
> > >     We realized that some of user reported bugs and usability tasks,
> etc
> > > have not much attention. So have went through all issues and jiras and
> > have
> > > compiled a list here
> > > <
> > >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HUDI-1571?jql=project%20%3D%20HUDI%20AND%20status%20in%20(Open%2C%20%22In%20Progress%22%2C%20Reopened%2C%20%22Patch%20Available%22%2C%20New)%20AND%20labels%20%3D%20user-support-issues
> > > All these jiras are tagged with "user-support-issues". On a high level,
> > any
> > > jira related to bugs reported by users, or relating to usability,
> > > reliability or onboarding or documentation or similar thins are tagged
> > with
> > > this label. We have around 95 of them out of which 25 have PRs already.
> > > The scope for most of them should be less. Avoided very big asks(major
> > > feature) in general so that we will first focus on these simple and
> > > critical ones as larger ones anyways need more time and more hands.
> > >
> > > Would recommend folks to pitch in and take up some of these tasks and
> > help
> > > improve our community.
> > >
> > > Please assign tickets to yourself or leave a comment if you have any
> > > questions.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Regards,
> > > -Sivabalan

-Sivabalan

Re: User support issues

Posted by Sivabalan <n....@gmail.com>.
Sure Vinoth.

On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 12:33 PM nishith agarwal <n3...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for doing this triaging Siva. This will help pick usability issues
> that don't get surfaced. I'll assign few to myself.
>
> -Nishith
>
> On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 8:50 AM Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Thanks for champion efforts here, to pull this list Siva.
> >
> > Can we also add a line to the contributing guide pointing to this label?
> > that way, people can find this list right off docs as well.
> >
> > On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 8:47 AM Sivabalan <n....@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi folks,
> > >     We realized that some of user reported bugs and usability tasks,
> etc
> > > have not much attention. So have went through all issues and jiras and
> > have
> > > compiled a list here
> > > <
> > >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HUDI-1571?jql=project%20%3D%20HUDI%20AND%20status%20in%20(Open%2C%20%22In%20Progress%22%2C%20Reopened%2C%20%22Patch%20Available%22%2C%20New)%20AND%20labels%20%3D%20user-support-issues
> > > All these jiras are tagged with "user-support-issues". On a high level,
> > any
> > > jira related to bugs reported by users, or relating to usability,
> > > reliability or onboarding or documentation or similar thins are tagged
> > with
> > > this label. We have around 95 of them out of which 25 have PRs already.
> > > The scope for most of them should be less. Avoided very big asks(major
> > > feature) in general so that we will first focus on these simple and
> > > critical ones as larger ones anyways need more time and more hands.
> > >
> > > Would recommend folks to pitch in and take up some of these tasks and
> > help
> > > improve our community.
> > >
> > > Please assign tickets to yourself or leave a comment if you have any
> > > questions.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Regards,
> > > -Sivabalan