Posted to user@struts.apache.org by EROL TEZCAN <st...@yahoo.com> on 2005/07/01 18:00:53 UTC

struts - checkbox kontrol

Hi,

When an Action (ListRecord.do) was invoked by a JSP , it lists all records from db like this.

name            surname                            delete
aaa1            bbbbb1                                | + |
aaa2            bbbbb2                                |  - |
aaa3            bbbbb3                                | + |

 _______         _________
|__aaa4__|      |_ bbbbb4 _|
 _______                                                ______
|__add__|                                              |_delete_|

To add a new record to this list, I enter new datas like ( aaa4, bbbbb4 ) and press add button. Form submits to same action (ListRecord) and adds records without any problem.

Problem :

When I checked to some checkbox and submit form to same Action, it gives an error.

How can I control checked checkbox and delete them ?

What is the best way ?

Erol

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: struts - checkbox kontrol

Posted by Rafael Taboada <ka...@gmail.com>.
More information:
 http://husted.com/struts/tips/007.html

--
Rafael Taboada
Software Engineer

Cell : +511-97753290

"No creo en el destino pues no me gusta tener la idea de controlar mi vida"

Re: struts - checkbox control

Posted by EROL TEZCAN <st...@yahoo.com>.
Hi ,

Your example is very clear. It works fine.

Thanks a lot Rafael,

Erol

Rafael Taboada <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, in ur ActionForm define:
String[] chkRecords; //with setter and getter
In ur jsp define checkbox with a multibox:

list: ArrayList that it has all the records in order to list in ur jsp
idRecord: id of each record in ur database
Finally in ur Action class:
String[] strRecords = myForm.getchkRecords();
for (int i = 0; i myDAO.deleteRecord(strRecords[i]);
}
My Actionclass extends DispatchAction and when I click delete button I call
a specific "delete" method. This code is inside this method
I hope it can help u

Re: struts - checkbox kontrol

Posted by Rafael Taboada <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi, in ur ActionForm define:
 String[] chkRecords; //with setter and getter
 In ur jsp define checkbox with a multibox:
 <bean:write name="list" property="idRecord" />
 list: ArrayList that it has all the records in order to list in ur jsp
idRecord: id of each record in ur database
 Finally in ur Action class:
 String[] strRecords = myForm.getchkRecords();
 for (int i = 0; i<strRecords.length; i++) {