Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Christopher Moesel <Ch...@avid.com> on 2007/05/02 17:53:00 UTC

cxf-rt-transports-http's pom.xml may be bad...

I've noticed that my war files include some jars in the WEB-INF/lib that
probably shouldn't be there:
- jetty-6.12rc0.jar
- jetty-sslengine-6.1.2rc0.jar
- jetty-util-6.1.2rc0.jar
- geronimo-servlet_2.5_spec-1.1-M1.jar

I was able to track this down to the pom.xml of the
cxf-rt-transports-http module (which I need in order to use CXFServlet).
It contains the following dependencies:

<dependency>
  <groupId>org.mortbay.jetty</groupId>
  <artifactId>jetty</artifactId>
  <version>6.1.2rc0</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
  <groupId>org.mortbay.jetty</groupId>
  <artifactId>jetty-sslengine</artifactId>
  <version>6.1.2rc0</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
  <artifactId>geronimo-servlet_2.5_spec</artifactId>
</dependency>

I can understand why jetty would be needed in
cxf-rt-transports-http-jetty, but not in cxf-rt-transports-http.  And
geronimo-servlet_2.5_spec should probably be in the "provided" scope.

I tried removing the jetty dependencies and setting the scope of the
servlet API to provided.  I ran the tests in /rt/transports/http as well
as /systests and they all completed successfully...  So, could this POM
be fixed or is there something else going on that I'm not aware of?

-Chris

RE: cxf-rt-transports-http's pom.xml may be bad...

Posted by "Jiang, Ning (Willem)" <Ni...@iona.com>.
Hi Chris

http module should not dependent on the jetty's jar.
servlet api is used in the servlet transport.
I will change the http module's pom.xml as you suggested.

Thanks,

Willem.

Posted by Christopher Moesel <Ch...@avid.com>.
Created bug w/ patch: