Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "McDonnell, David" <Da...@csu.edu.au> on 2001/02/23 01:19:26 UTC

Permissions at startup

Hello all,

Im just working on some group permissions code for Slide, and whilst slide
is starting up and initialising the store, it creates a default permission,
allowing access to the whole tree by any user, ie Object = / subject = /
action = / inheritable = true. Is this correct, I can't seem to find the
place in the code where it sets up these temporary permissions...

Cheers,
Dave

Re: Permissions at startup

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> Hello all,
>
> Im just working on some group permissions code for Slide, and whilst slide
> is starting up and initialising the store, it creates a default
permission,
> allowing access to the whole tree by any user, ie Object = / subject = /
> action = / inheritable = true. Is this correct, I can't seem to find the
> place in the code where it sets up these temporary permissions...

The code which bootstraps the namespace is in Namespce.loadBaseData.
Basically, it will add an all access permission for all nodes while the
namespace is initialized. After that is done, the rest of the initialization
process uses standard helper calls (I didn't want to have too much
specialized code for initialization alone).

Remy