Posted to dev@ranger.apache.org by "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/05 02:23:35 UTC

Re: [MENTORS] help in creating account for new Apache Ranger committer: Velmurugan Periasamy

Has he submitted an ICLA yet?  I'm not able to find any attempts to notify
private@i.a.o about a vote for him.

Posted by Velmurugan Periasamy <vp...@hortonworks.com>.
Thank you John.

@Ranger project mentors – can you please help?

From: "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, February 5, 2015 at 10:57 AM
To: Velmurugan Periasamy <vp...@hortonworks.com>>, "dev@ranger.incubator.apache.org<ma...@ranger.incubator.apache.org>" <de...@ranger.incubator.apache.org>>
Cc: "craig.russell@oracle.com<ma...@oracle.com>" <cr...@oracle.com>>, Selvamohan Neethiraj <sn...@hortonworks.com>>
Subject: Re: [MENTORS] help in creating account for new Apache Ranger committer: Velmurugan Periasamy

Please do try to keep all of your discussions on list.

It appears that your account is not listed under incubator - which blocks your commit access.  http://people.apache.org/committers-by-project.html#incubator

This is why I asked if there was anything through incubator.  I can't find any reference to your vote as a committer on the incubator archives.  No one has told us at this point you should be a committer, as far as I can tell.  Since I can't find any mail threads in my mail archives to clear this for you, you'll need to get one of the project's mentors to fix it.

Other questions you have can be found via google.

http://www.apache.org/dev/new-committers-guide.html

This is a good starting point.  Other answers should have come from when you signed the ICLA.

John

On Thu Feb 05 2015 at 10:44:14 AM Velmurugan Periasamy <vp...@hortonworks.com>> wrote:
Thank you John. Would appreciate your help in setting up my apache accounts to start working on ranger as committer.

  *   I have signed ICLA and got acknowledgement.
  *   I did check http://people.apache.org/committer-index.html#V and found “vel” is available and requested that id.
  *
I am currently using github with vperiasamy as my id with my personal email (velmurugan_p@yahoo.com<ma...@yahoo.com>).
  *   I am currently using Apache JIRA site using id vperiasamy (with vperiasamy@hortonworks.com<ma...@hortonworks.com> email).
  *   I would like to use vel@apache.org<ma...@apache.org> email (and continue using vperiasamy accounts above). Is that possible? If not, what are my options?
  *   I am not familiar with setting up accounts on id.a.o or people.a.o. How do I do that?

Pardon me for basic questions, I am new to this process. If you could please let me know the process of setting these up, that would be really helpful.

On 2/5/15, 6:53 AM, "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>> wrote:

Ok good.  Has he setup his account on id.a.o or people.a.o?
On Feb 4, 2015 9:14 PM, "Selvamohan Neethiraj" <sn...@hortonworks.com>>
wrote:

John:

Vel has submitted ICLA and got an acknowledgement email from
"secretary@apache.org²<mailto:secretary@apache.org²> for the filing of ICLA with Apache.

Please let us know if you need any more details to resolve this asap.

Thanks,
Selva-

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.