Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Ole Ersoy <ol...@yahoo.com> on 2006/12/03 01:26:56 UTC

Simple Depedency Management Rules

OK

What do we think about this as a best
practice for managing dependencies?

Keep all dependencies specified in the top
level pom's dependencyManagement section.

Specify scope and version in child projects,
only when scope and version need to be
different from
those provided in the top level pom.

The mojo that analyzes a build's pom structure would
then traverse all the poms looking for exceptions to
this and would generate a report containing
recommendations for conforming to this rule.

http://new.mail.yahoo.com

Re: Simple Depedency Management Rules

Posted by Ole Ersoy <ol...@yahoo.com>.
Guess What -

We got a +1
from

Wendy Smoak

on the Maven
Users List, and she's there a lot,
so that's pretty good reassurance.

She said that's exactly what dependencyManagement
is for.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
+1 !

--