Posted to dev@brooklyn.apache.org by Geoff Macartney <ge...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/19 23:38:53 UTC

Website question

Hi all,

I made a start to adding changes to the Apache Brooklyn website to comply with Apache Foundation naming guidelines, wip is at [1].

However I’ve run into a problem trying to test it with Jekyll, which I haven’t installed on this machine up to now (it’s a MacBook Pro). I’ve added the version of Ruby that’s required (very old now, 2.1.2) via rvm, but when I run the “bundle install” per the docs at [2] I get complaints about openssl.

This is even when I install 2.1.2 with

rvm install 2.1.2 --with-opt-dir=/usr/local --with-openssl

Despite requesting openssl, when I do bundle install I get

$ bundle install
Could not load OpenSSL.
You must recompile Ruby with OpenSSL support or change the sources in your Gemfile from 'https' to 'http'. Instructions for compiling with OpenSSL using RVM are
available at rvm.io/packages/openssl.

I’m loth to start building 2.1.2 from source just to get the openssl support, before I launch into that has anyone encountered this problem or can advise on an alternative approach?

Cheers
Geoff

[1] https://github.com/apache/brooklyn-docs/pull/280
[2] https://github.com/apache/brooklyn-docs/tree/website#workstation-setup

Re: Website question

Posted by Geoff Macartney <ge...@gmail.com>.
Got it going in the end with much reinstalling of things, see https://github.com/apache/brooklyn-docs/pull/280. But I do think Docker is the way to go, and much easier to automate.

Geoff

Re: Website question

Posted by Geoff Macartney <ge...@gmail.com>.
Sure, sounds good - will ping you offline to chat

Re: Website question

Posted by Thomas Bouron <th...@cloudsoft.io>.

Re: Website question

Posted by Geoff Macartney <ge...@gmail.com>.