Posted to user@ant.apache.org by remi remi <mi...@yahoo.com> on 2000/12/01 19:30:16 UTC

FileSet "nested" include element problem

Hello,

I am getting this error:
"Class org.apache.tools.ant.types.FileSet doesn't
support the "nested" include element"

for things like:

<path id="classpath">
  <fileset dir="./test/lib">
	<include name="**/*.jar"/>
  </fileset>
  <fileset dir="./lib">
	<include name="**/*.jar"/>
  </fileset>
</path>

What might be possible reasons?

Thanks in advance,
remi?

http://shopping.yahoo.com/

Re: FileSet "nested" include element problem

Posted by Bill Burton <bi...@progress.com>.
Hello,

remi remi wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am getting this error:
> "Class org.apache.tools.ant.types.FileSet doesn't
> support the "nested" include element"

I recently experienced a very similar error but with <patternset>.  The
problem turned out to be that I had specified:
    <include name="...">
instead of:
    <include name="..." />

I don't know if a space before the /> is required or not but a lot of
build.xml files use one.

-Bill

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
remi remi <mi...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am getting this error:
> "Class org.apache.tools.ant.types.FileSet doesn't
> support the "nested" include element"
>
> What might be possible reasons?

Cannot think of anything but "a corrupted Ant". FileSet supports
nested include/exclude elements and has ever done so since it has been
invented.

Stefsn