Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Varadharajan Mukundan <sr...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/07 14:35:39 UTC

Reg. support for using HBase as a source and sink for a Map-Reduce streaming job

Greetings,

Currently I'm using HBase 0.90.3 to store data. I would like to know,
whether it is possible to integrate HBase table as a Data source and
as a Data sink for my MapReduce job, written in Python and executed as
a Hadoop streaming job.

M. Varadharajan

"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted"
               -By Prof. Randy Pausch in "The Last Lecture"

My Journal :- www.thinkasgeek.wordpress.com

Re: Reg. support for using HBase as a source and sink for a Map-Reduce streaming job

Posted by Bill Graham <bi...@gmail.com>.
Yes, you can do this via the thrift API:
http://yannramin.com/2008/07/19/using-facebook-thrift-with-python-and-hbase/

Alternatively you can use Pig's HBaseStorage (r/w), or HBase's ImportTsv
(w).