Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com> on 2015/09/30 05:06:30 UTC

[DISCUSS] getting postcommit tests back to green.

Hi Folks!

Recently our postcommit tests have been in the pits. Essentially we've
been broken since mid to late August[1]. While Stack's been fighting
the good fight, I think things are far enough gone that we need to
consider more drastic measures.

I've been playing with getting things going on Travis-CI. It might be
a good stop-gap measure while we wait for ASF Infra to get some
additional testing resources. I believe Spark uses it already. It
won't help with precommit unless we shift to github PRs (which I'd
prefer not to do).

Anyone have any other ideas or concerns?

[1] ref:
https://builds.apache.org/view/H-L/view/HBase/job/HBase-TRUNK/
https://builds.apache.org/job/HBase-1.3/

--
Sean

Re: [DISCUSS] getting postcommit tests back to green.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
We're looking at sponsoring EC2 or Heroku based resources. Agree,
additional datapoints can help. It would be a Jenkins based setup so we
could run precommit builds on it. Hopefully we can come back with good news.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: [DISCUSS] getting postcommit tests back to green.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.