Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by John Burwell <jb...@basho.com> on 2013/06/28 16:06:47 UTC

PrimaryDataStoreEntityImpl TODOs

All,

While reviewing the solidfire patch, I noticed that a dummy getter/setter implementations with TODO comments in the PrimaryDataStoreImpl in  were merged into master.  I have opened a defect [1] for this issue, as the code will not work as expected (they are not actually working with the internal state of the object as expected).

Speaking generally, every review I have performed for 4.2.0 has contained TODO comments, as well, tab characters and improper indentation.  Please check patches for these issues before submission.  For me, patches with TODOs are an immediate -1 because it conveys that the implementation is incomplete.  The formatting issues are minor, but easily rectified with a quick code format in an IDE.

Thanks,
-John

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-3277

Re: PrimaryDataStoreEntityImpl TODOs

Posted by John Burwell <jb...@basho.com>.
Prasanna,

More irksome than forgetting to remove TODO comments after addressing
them are TODOs that actually are TODOs and not cruft.  The ticket
referenced below us the later.  I am fine with having an IDE generate
them as a reminder to finish something.  Contributors need to remember
to address and remove them before submission because I see them take
at face value -- there is more work to be done.

Thanks,
-John

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.
+1