Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Ralf S. Engelschall" <rs...@engelschall.com> on 1999/04/20 19:39:03 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3 Makefile.tmpl

In article <19...@hyperreal.org> you wrote:

>   I want to be able to run "make install" as a non-root user.

That's _not_ a final solution, of course.
Because users are still confused by the error messages from chown...

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com

Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3 Makefile.tmpl

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.
On Tue, 20 Apr 1999, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

> In article <19...@hyperreal.org> you wrote:
>
> >   I want to be able to run "make install" as a non-root user.
>
> That's _not_ a final solution, of course.
> Because users are still confused by the error messages from chown...

Uh?

Fine, put an @ in there too.

It's useless without that change -- you can only run "make install" as
root.

Dean