Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Cardon <mi...@bendcable.com> on 2003/05/30 21:41:54 UTC

JK2 apache2 log errors

Can anyone explain the following errors to me?  This is from the error_log
file of the httpd (apache2) server.

Red Hat Linux 9
Red Hat httpd (apache2) 2.0.40-21
Sun JDK j2sdk1.4.2 (beta)
Tomcat jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24
JK2 Connector made with jakarta-tomcat-connectors-4.1.24-src

NOTE: When I start up tomcat and then appache, it works; I can access both
the root page of apache and I can access the tomcat examples, but why are
these errors writen to the apache log file????  Thanks.

[Fri May 30 12:24:11 2003] [notice] Digest: generating secret for digest
authentication ...
[Fri May 30 12:24:11 2003] [notice] Digest: done
[Fri May 30 12:24:12 2003] [error] jk2_init() Can't find child 2954 in
scoreboard
[Fri May 30 12:24:12 2003] [notice] workerEnv.init() ok
/etc/httpd/conf/workers2.properties
[Fri May 30 12:24:12 2003] [error] mod_jk child init 1 -2
[Fri May 30 12:24:12 2003] [error] jk2_init() Can't find child 2956 in
scoreboard
[Fri May 30 12:24:12 2003] [notice] workerEnv.init() ok
/etc/httpd/conf/workers2.properties
[Fri May 30 12:24:12 2003] [error] mod_jk child init 1 -2
[Fri May 30 12:24:12 2003] [error] jk2_init() Can't find child 2957 in
scoreboard
[Fri May 30 12:24:12 2003] [notice] workerEnv.init() ok
/etc/httpd/conf/workers2.properties
[Fri May 30 12:24:12 2003] [error] mod_jk child init 1 -2
[Fri May 30 12:24:12 2003] [error] jk2_init() Can't find child 2958 in
scoreboard
[Fri May 30 12:24:12 2003] [notice] workerEnv.init() ok
/etc/httpd/conf/workers2.properties
[Fri May 30 12:24:12 2003] [error] mod_jk child init 1 -2
[Fri May 30 12:24:12 2003] [notice] jk2_init() Found child 2955 in
scoreboard slot 1
[Fri May 30 12:24:12 2003] [notice] workerEnv.init() ok
/etc/httpd/conf/workers2.properties
[Fri May 30 12:24:12 2003] [error] jk2_init() Can't find child 2960 in
scoreboard
[Fri May 30 12:24:12 2003] [notice] workerEnv.init() ok
/etc/httpd/conf/workers2.properties
[Fri May 30 12:24:12 2003] [error] mod_jk child init 1 -2
[Fri May 30 12:24:12 2003] [error] jk2_init() Can't find child 2961 in
scoreboard
[Fri May 30 12:24:12 2003] [notice] workerEnv.init() ok
/etc/httpd/conf/workers2.properties
[Fri May 30 12:24:12 2003] [error] mod_jk child init 1 -2
[Fri May 30 12:24:12 2003] [notice] Apache/2.0.40 (Red Hat Linux)
configured -- resuming normal operations
[Fri May 30 12:24:12 2003] [notice] jk2_init() Found child 2959 in
scoreboard slot 5

Re: JK2 apache2 log errors

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
sleep 10

or

sleep 15

Unlike Apache, Tomcat does not start up instantly...it needs time to do so.

John

RE: JK2 apache2 log errors

Posted by Neil Aggarwal <ne...@JAMMConsulting.com>.
Hello:

How do I enable the jkstatus page?  I have not seen any docs on it.

Thanks,
	Neil

--
Neil Aggarwal
JAMM Consulting, Inc.    (972) 612-6056, http://www.JAMMConsulting.com

Posted by Allen Williams <an...@csunv.com>.
Not that I can see, other than to restart.

TIA,
------------------------------
Allen

RE: JK2 apache2 log errors

Posted by Michael Cardon <mi...@bendcable.com>.

RE: JK2 apache2 log errors

Posted by Allen Williams <an...@csunv.com>.

Re: JK2 apache2 log errors

Posted by Chong Yu Meng <ch...@cymulacrum.net>.

Re: JK2 apache2 log errors

Posted by Geralyn M Hollerman <gm...@louisiana.edu>.
Michael Cardon wrote:

> What does it mean when it says, "Can't find child 2954 in scoreboard?"  Is
> the 'scoreboard' have something to do with the shm.file?

As far as I know, no, the two aren't related. My sysadmin had commented
the stuff about a Scoreboard directive in httpd.conf out, and I'm not
sure if I understand what it's intended to be used for. Perhaps there is
someone out there more familiar with it?

Sorry!

--
Lynn Hollerman.

RE: JK2 apache2 log errors