Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com> on 2009/07/27 22:20:23 UTC

[VOTE] Release build 5.5.28

The candidates binaries are available here:
http://people.apache.org/~fhanik/tomcat/tomcat-5.5/v5.5.28/

According to the release process, the 5.5.28 tag is:
[ ] Broken
[ ] Alpha
[ ] Beta
[ ] Stable

Re: [VOTE] Release build 5.5.28

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
On 07/27/2009 02:20 PM, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
> The candidates binaries are available here:
> http://people.apache.org/~fhanik/tomcat/tomcat-5.5/v5.5.28/
>
> According to the release process, the 5.5.28 tag is:
> [ ] Broken
> [ ] Alpha
> [ ] Beta
> [X] Stable

Filip

Re: [VOTE] Release build 5.5.28

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
> The candidates binaries are available here:
> http://people.apache.org/~fhanik/tomcat/tomcat-5.5/v5.5.28/
>
> According to the release process, the 5.5.28 tag is:
> [ ] Broken
> [ ] Alpha
> [ ] Beta
> [X] Stable

A few minor niggles but nothing to stop the release.

See below for details.

Mark

Checked:
-src.zip
.zip
.exe

MD5s OK
PGP sigs OK

build/sign.bat
 Tomcat version wrong
 Fixed in svn for next release
 Non-issue for this release

container/modules/groupcom/build
 Missing in src release
 Optional module not included in binary dist
 Was also missing in 5.5.27 -> not a show stopper
 Needs fixing - will need patch + vote

build.xml
 Only in top level of -src distro
 No need for this to be here but does no harm
 svn re-org may well remove the need for this anyway

.zip
 Starts
 Shows correct version number
 Random links from homepage all work
 JSP TCK OK
 Servlet TCK OK

.exe
 Service install works on 64-bit Windows - WOOT!

Re: [VOTE] Release build 5.5.28

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
I'll wait til tomorrow to declare the results, dont need more votes, but
more eyes and validation could be useful

Filip

[RESULT] Release build 5.5.28

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
This vote passed
3xStable binding votes, fhanik,mturk, markt
1xBroken non binding vote, sebb

Filip

Re: [VOTE] Release build 5.5.28

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
On 27/07/09 22:20, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
> The candidates binaries are available here:
> http://people.apache.org/~fhanik/tomcat/tomcat-5.5/v5.5.28/
>
> According to the release process, the 5.5.28 tag is:
> [ ] Broken
> [ ] Alpha
> [ ] Beta
> [X] Stable

Regards
--
^TM

Re: [VOTE] Release build 5.5.28

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 02/08/2009, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> sebb wrote:
>  > Just noticed another problem - the source archive does not contain the
>  > overall build script.
>

> I don't know where you are looking, but the script is there.

Sorry, my bad - I'd expanded the archives and was looking in the wrong
directory.

>  > There are probably other source files missing.
>

> Making assumptions about what is and isn't present is not helpful.

It looked like the whole build directory was missing.

>  There are a couple of files missing when compared to svn but:
>  a) the missing build files are for an optional module not included in
>  the distributed binary
>  b) they have been missing in previous releases
>  c) no user has ever complained about them being missing.
>
>  None of the missing files *need* to be in the src archive but I do think
>  that they should be. Given the circumstances, I see no issue with fixing
>  this for the next release rather than re-rolling this release.
>

>  > It ought to be possible to build Tomcat from the sources without
>  > needing to download any further Tomcat files.
>

> It is. I just have.

Again, sorry for the noise.

Re: [VOTE] Release build 5.5.28

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.