Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Phillip B Oldham <ph...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/10 17:07:36 UTC

Installing thrift with Python 2.6?

What should one use as the PY_PREFIX to install thrift for Python 2.6?
I've tried everything but the ./configure script reports that its
going to compile for 2.4 (the base install; python2.6 was compiled
using "altinstall").

--
Phillip B Oldham
phillip.oldham@gmail.com

Re: Installing thrift with Python 2.6?

Posted by Phillip B Oldham <ph...@gmail.com>.
Still fails. I've tried various python2.6 directories, and nothing
seems to work. I *have* managed to get it to compile correctly,
however, by removing the /usr/bin/python binary (which was a duplicate
of the python2.4 binary) and symlinking the binary for 2.6 in its
place. The thrift compilation then registered and built against 2.6.
Afterwards I re-linked to 2.4 so yum would continue to work without
issue.

Maybe this should be raised as a bug?

Posted by David Reiss <dr...@facebook.com>.