Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by "Nanduri, Amarnath" <Am...@AgilQuest.com> on 2003/08/12 20:12:36 UTC

problem getting into the cvs

My wincvs client is giving the following problem when I am trying to get
stuff out of cvs...

cvsNEW CVSROOT: pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic (password
authentication)
cvs login
(Logging in to pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org)
cvs [login aborted]: connect to cvs.apache.org:2401 failed: Connection
refused

Any idea as to what I am doing wrong? I got a popup window asking for
password and I typed in 'anoncvs'. Thanks

Amarnath Nanduri
AgilQuest Corp.
(ph) 804 745 0467 xt 127

Re: problem getting into the cvs

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Maybe the ports blocked by your firewall?

On Tuesday, August 12, 2003, at 07:12  pm, Nanduri, Amarnath wrote:

> My wincvs client is giving the following problem when I am trying to
> get
> stuff out of cvs...
>

> cvsNEW CVSROOT: pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic
> (password
> authentication)
> cvs login
> (Logging in to pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org)
> cvs [login aborted]: connect to cvs.apache.org:2401 failed: Connection
> refused
>
> Any idea as to what I am doing wrong? I got a popup window asking for
> password and I typed in 'anoncvs'. Thanks
>
> Amarnath Nanduri
> AgilQuest Corp.
> (ph) 804 745 0467 xt 127

James