Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ICT Department <ic...@stedwards.co.uk> on 2007/01/25 17:49:05 UTC

RE: confirm subscribe to users@tomcat.apache.org

 Hi there, we have a problem running JSPWiki under Tomcat, when using
Internet Explorer. It's fine in Firefox and doesn't display any exceptions
as shown below!

This has happened since installing the JCIFS code into web.xml for user
authentication.
The JSPWiki developers can't help me, they said it sounds more like an
interplay issue between Tomcat and IE.

java.io.UnsupportedEncodingException: Cp850
	sun.io.Converters.getConverterClass(Unknown Source)
	sun.io.Converters.newConverter(Unknown Source)
	sun.io.ByteToCharConverter.getConverter(Unknown Source)
	java.lang.StringCoding.decode(Unknown Source)
	java.lang.String.<init>(Unknown Source)
	java.lang.String.<init>(Unknown Source)
	jcifs.ntlmssp.Type1Message.parse(Type1Message.java:236)
	jcifs.ntlmssp.Type1Message.<init>(Type1Message.java:86)
	jcifs.http.NtlmSsp.authenticate(NtlmSsp.java:88)
	jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter.negotiate(NtlmHttpFilter.java:160)
	jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter.doFilter(NtlmHttpFilter.java:114)

com.ecyrd.jspwiki.ui.WikiServletFilter.doFilter(WikiServletFilter.java:99)
	com.ecyrd.jspwiki.ui.WikiJSPFilter.doFilter(WikiJSPFilter.java:71)

Hope to hear from you soon..and well done on such a marvellous product!

Regards

Chris Tamburro
ICT Department
St. Edward's School
Cheltenham, UK

Re: confirm subscribe to users@tomcat.apache.org

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
ICT Department wrote:
>  Hi there, we have a problem running JSPWiki under Tomcat, when using
> Internet Explorer. It's fine in Firefox and doesn't display any exceptions
> as shown below!
>
> This has happened since installing the JCIFS code into web.xml for user
> authentication.
> The JSPWiki developers can't help me, they said it sounds more like an
> interplay issue between Tomcat and IE.

Try using ieHttpHeaders for IE and Live Http Headers for Firefox to
compare what the browsers are sending to Tomcat. I wouldn't use
Tomcat's RequestDumperValve since the parameter encoding issue may
cloud the problem you are looking for.

Mark