Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Soks86 <mi...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/09 22:54:52 UTC

Issues with Ibatis Configuration File

Hi,

I have created the following configuration file for my Ibatis
SqlSessionFactoryBuilder.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<!DOCTYPE configuration
  PUBLIC "-//ibatis.apache.org//DTD Config 3.0//EN"
  "http://ibatis.apache.org/dtd/ibatis-3-config.dtd">
<configuration>
    <environments default="development">
        <environment id="development">
            <transactionManager type="JDBC" />
            <dataSource type="POOLED">
                <property name="driver"
value="org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver" />
                <property name="url"
                    value="jdbc:derby:/home/mchrosto/MyTestDB;create=true"
/>
                <!--
                    <property name="username" value="${username}" />
<property
                    name="password" value="${password}" />
                -->
            </dataSource>
        </environment>
    </environments>
    <typeAliases>
        <typeAlias alias="TradableDao"
            type="com.icarus.common.strategies.dao.TradableDao" />
        <typeAlias alias="Tradable"
type="com.icarus.common.strategies.Tradable" />
    </typeAliases>
    <mappers>
        <mapper resource="src/main/resources/IbatisMaps/TradableDao.xml" />
    </mappers>
</configuration>

If I remove the <typeAliases> portion (and rename my aliases inside of
TradableDao.xml) then it works just fine. However when I put the aliases in
(exactly as shown above) I get XML parsing exceptions... in particular:

### Error building SqlSession.
### The error may exist in SQL Mapper Configuration
### Cause: org.apache.ibatis.builder.BuilderException: Error creating
document instance.  Cause: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The content of
element type "configuration" must match
"(properties?,settings?,typeAliases?,typeHandlers?,objectFactory?,plugins?,environments?,mappers?)".

Also my IDE (Eclipse) complains that the xml file is not compliant with the
DTD file... all of this goes away if I remove my aliases.

Anyone have any idea why this might be ocuring? I'm alright for now without
aliases but as I get farther and farther into iBATIS I fear that I will need
them to stay sane.

Just to be clear this is iBATIS 3 - Beta 5 and should be the latest file
from repository.sonatype.org.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Michael Chrostowski

Re: Issues with Ibatis Configuration File

Posted by Larry Meadors <la...@gmail.com>.
Move the typeAliases section above environments.

Larry

Posted by Soks86 <mi...@gmail.com>.
Guy,

I must say I didn't know how to read the error. That is, it didn't cross my
mind that the tags would have to be in order but that makes perfect sense
now. I have only myself to blame for not learning DTD format as that looks
to be a pretty standard error message format.

Thanks again,

Michael

Posted by Guy Rouillier <gu...@burntmail.com>.

--