Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by chad brown <ya...@mit.edu> on 1996/06/14 23:20:36 UTC

Re: Server Side Include security question...

  <!--#exec cgi="/cgi-bin/navbar.cgi" query="area=1" -->

This exists in Apache already with `<!--#include virtual', and works
just like that in netscape's server.  It doesn't work in NCSA, which
means that people wh want to use our web product don't use NCSA, which
frankly doesn't cost me much sleep at night. :-)

We use this to in-line tables and data cells from our OLAP tool into
existing HTML.  It's very important to our product that we be able to
in-line the results of cgi scripts called with arguments.

chad