Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org> on 2012/10/01 19:02:50 UTC

Re: Hbase count qualifier

Hi Dalia,

If you are not maintaining an index for this table, then you will have
to scan the entire table a count the entries... You can do that with a
regular scan, or you can use a coprocessor to do that on the server
side.

JM

Re: Hbase count qualifier

Posted by Shumin Wu <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dalia,

I believe RowCounter (mapreduce) or AggregationClient (coprocessor) can
solve your problem.

Shumin