Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by abpb2006 <ab...@yahoo.com> on 2008/02/06 08:48:43 UTC

Issue while deploying web app in 2nd instance of geronimo

Hi,

I have 2 intances of Geronimo running (Multiple Instances) :

geronimo install (geronimo_server) and under this i have 2 instances g_one
and g_two.

When i start g_one and deploy wep app it gets deployed under g_one's deploy
directory and this fine but in case when i try to deploy the web app for
g_two instance...it using web console...it tires to deploy under
geronimo_server's default directory rather thn under g_two.

Any pointers?? higly appriciate your help

i'm using geronimo 2.x

Re: Issue while deploying web app in 2nd instance of geronimo

Posted by abpb2006 <ab...@yahoo.com>.
Yeah i copied var folder under g_one and g_two to have 2 instances. I also
chenaged the port so that both the instances could run simlutanaously.

I'm able to deploy web app using the web console for g_one (and web app gets
deployed under g_one's var folder) but when i try to deploy web app using
web console for  g_two intance ...it deploys under repository/default
location of genorinom_server and also under g_two/var directory

Also i configred and deployed 2 separate repositires for each of above
instances.

Does that mean, when we have 2 instances - no matter which intance you are
deploying the app, it will be deployed on SERVER as well as under its
INSTANCE ??

I was under the impression - that wehn we have mutliple instances, a web can
be deployed under specific instance.

Pl suggest what is the right verdict. thanks.

Posted by abpb2006 <ab...@yahoo.com>.

1. i have geronimo_server and the i copy var oflder from this location
geronimo_server/g_one and geronimo_server/g_tow

2. I changed the rmi port as well so the instance of g_one and g_two start
sarerately on diff port with no conflict

3. I also deployed the saperate repositry of each of these instances

4. When i deploy web app thru g_one instance using web console it gets
deployed fine under g_one/var

5. But when i try to deploy web app thru g_two using web console it tries to
deploy under geronimo_server/repository/default also it keeps the .war file
under g_tow/var

My undersatdning is sicne there going to be 2 intances then web app deployed
thru one instance shoud go to instance location rather server's location.

Pl suggest

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.
When you create multiple instances by making a copy of var directory, both
the instances still use the same repository.  When you configure an
additional repository for each instance so that the apps deployed won't go
into the common repository, you need to specify the "target" repository at
deployment time.  Deployment from admin console does not support this target
option.  You will need to use the command line deployer.  To see the
available targets in a particular instance, use "deploy --port
RMIPortOfTheInstance --host hostname list-targets".  While deploying the
app, you will have specify target using --target option.  Use "deploy help
deploy" to see the help.

++Vamsi

Posted by Peter Petersson <pe...@pmb.mine.nu>.
Hi