Posted to commons-dev@ws.apache.org by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com> on 2007/04/26 23:34:06 UTC

Neethi Thoughts...

Hi all,

I thought I'd just pass along a quick little intro I wrote to Neethi and
also some feedback we had as CXF.
http://netzooid.com/blog/2007/04/26/ws-policy-with-apache-neethi/

To quote the relavent part for discussion:
--

Neethi also includes an AssertionBuilder class which builds these assertions
from AXIOM elements. As we're trying to reduce the amount of dependencies

All in all, I'm pretty pleased with the model Neethi has given us. If I
could change one thing though, I would separate out the AXIOM dependant
interfaces into a separate package. And similarly with the DOM
implementations that we've written. However at this point (post
2.0release), I don't think its really possible so I haven't brought it
up.
--

I know there probably isn't much we can do about the axiom dependency now,
but there were some comments that I saw in JIRA about introducing an AXIOM

Cheers,
- Dan
--
Dan Diephouse