Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by Mike Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/17 17:39:09 UTC

Chinese and Korea being detected as Lithuanian by LanguageDetector

I wrote a Groovy script (attached) to test a bunch of languages against the
LanguageDetector class, and these were the results:

ar    fa
de    de
en    en
es    es
fr    fr
gr    el
it    it
ko    lt
nl    nl
ru    ru
zh    lt

Is there something that needs to be done to enable the detection of Asian
languages or should I file this as a bug report?

Thanks,

Mike

Re: Chinese and Korea being detected as Lithuanian by LanguageDetector

Posted by Ken Krugler <kk...@transpac.com>.
Hi Mike,

So the issues are Arabic, Korean and Chinese, right?

I’d suggest filing an issue for Tika, so at least we can track it, though likely the issue is with the language-detector project we’re using for detection.

I’m leaving on a trip this evening, but back next week, so will try to look at it then.

Regards,

— Ken

Posted by Mike Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com>.
Ken,