Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org> on 2016/10/26 03:17:39 UTC

[VOTE] Second release candidate for HBase 1.2.4 is available

The second release candidate for HBase 1.2.4 is available for download at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-1.2.4RC1/

Maven artifacts are also available in a staging repository at:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1156/

Artifacts are signed with my key (0D80DB7C) published in our KEYS
file at http://www.apache.org/dist/hbase/KEYS

The RC corresponds to the signed tag 1.2.4RC1, which currently points
to commit ref

67592f3d062743907f8c5ae00dbbe1ae4f69e5af

The detailed source and binary compatibility report vs 1.2.3 has been
published for your review, at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-1.2.4RC1/1.2.3_1.2.4RC1_compat_report.html

HBase 1.2.4 is the fourth patch release in the HBase 1.2 line, continuing on
the theme of bringing a stable, reliable database to the Hadoop and NoSQL
communities. This release includes about 30 bug fixes since 1.2.3.
Critical fixes include:

* HBASE-16340 Xerces implementation jars removed (incompatible change)
* HBASE-15984 Given failure to parse a given WAL that was closed
cleanly, replay the WAL.
* HBASE-16931 Setting cell's seqId to zero in compaction flow might
cause RS down.
* HBASE-16721 Concurrency issue in WAL unflushed seqId tracking

The full list of fixes included in this release is available at:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310753&version=12338116

and in the CHANGES.txt file included in the distribution.

Please try out this candidate and vote +1/-1 on whether we should
release these artifacts as HBase 1.2.4.

The VOTE will remain open for atleast 72 hours. Given sufficient votes
I would like to close it on November 1st, 2016.

thanks!

Re: [VOTE] Second release candidate for HBase 1.2.4 is available

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Please see HBASE-16980. Appears to be a test only issue, so changing my
vote to +1

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: [VOTE] Second release candidate for HBase 1.2.4 is available

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: [VOTE] Second release candidate for HBase 1.2.4 is available

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
-

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: [VOTE] Second release candidate for HBase 1.2.4 is available

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
+1

Checked signature (lets sign each other's keys Sean) and hash.
Untarred. Checked layout.
Ran apache rat.
Built with apache-release profile.
Built site. Poked around. Looks right.
Started up in single mode, loaded data, verified it loaded. Checked logs
(We need to fix the zk spew in our log).
Shut it down.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Back tomorrow after an absence for a personal matter. Will vote.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: [VOTE] Second release candidate for HBase 1.2.4 is available

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.
+1

* checked sigs and sums
* checked source against commit hash
* checked source builds binaries
* spot check of LICENSE/NOTICE looks fine
* compatibility report doesn't show any surprises