Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Galia Angelova <ga...@yahoo.com> on 2003/05/19 09:44:38 UTC

WAR file generation from cocoon-2.1-M1 source distribution, swiching to MAVEN?

Hello everybody,

1. I have a problem generating a war file from the cocoon-2.1-M1 source distribution.
I use j2sdk1.4.1_02 and Tomcat-4.1. Following the instructions (build.bat -Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes webapp) I get 3 jar files - cocoon-deprecated.jar,cocoon-scrachpad.jar and cocoon.jar, but NO war file.

2. Is it possible to change the build tool from ANT to MAVEN? If somebody has such experience, please advise me!

Thank you in advance!

Galia Angelova
icq: 109139838

Re: WAR file generation from cocoon-2.1-M1 source distribution, swiching to MAVEN?

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
At 03:44 AM 5/19/2003, you wrote:
>Hello everybody,
>
>1. I have a problem generating a war file from the cocoon-2.1-M1 source
>distribution.
>I use j2sdk1.4.1_02 and Tomcat-4.1. Following the instructions (build.bat
>-Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes webapp) I get 3 jar files -
>cocoon-deprecated.jar,cocoon-scrachpad.jar and cocoon.jar, but NO war file.

You are following outdated install instructions.  Read INSTALL.txt - the
docs are being fixed.
Briefly though, to get the war file you only need to do:
build.bat war

Geoff Howard