Posted to user@struts.apache.org by 赵 平 <al...@hotmail.com> on 2004/03/12 17:18:20 UTC

how to automatically forward user's page to a html link at speified time

Hi, all

    I want the struts application have an internal timer. When the
specified time(like 9:00pm) arrive, the user's current page should be
forwarded to another html link. I know the java.util.timer and
java.util.TimerTask can do such thing. Maybe I can put the timer class
stuff in HttpSessionListener or ServletContextListener, but I just have no
idea how to forward a page inside the TimerTask class not inside action as
usual?

    So did anyone come across the similar problem? Could you shed me light
on it?

    Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards,
Alex

Re: how to automatically forward user's page to a html link at speified time

Posted by Mark Lowe <ma...@talk21.com>.
Filter will do what you want if you're using a supporting container.