Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com> on 2012/01/03 10:32:24 UTC

Re: Addressing question

On 12/20/2011 02:47 PM, Andrew Kennedy wrote:
> On 15 Dec 2011, at 21h42, Gordon Sim wrote:
>> On 12/15/2011 08:47 PM, Andrew Kennedy wrote:
>>> In particular, most of the documentation is for the C++ broker.
>>
>> I don't think that is the case. Apart from the example on using the XML exchange and the section on 'cluster failover', what else is specific to the C++ broker?
>
> It was my general impression. What with the examples using drain and spout, and qpid-config, to set things up, which are C++ broker utilities, right?

drain and spout are generic examples that can work with any broker
supporting the version of AMQP in use.

qpid-config can be used with the java broker to create/delete
queues/exchanges which is all I think it is used for in the examples in
the text (the listing function is based on QMF and there are some issues
there still).

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org