Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Norman Maurer <nm...@byteaction.de> on 2006/03/13 19:45:21 UTC

irc channel

Hi,

is there any official irc channel for james users and developers ? IF
not why not ?

bye

RE: irc channel

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> is there any official irc channel for james users and developers ?

Unofficial: #james

No one is ever there, except for me if I happen to have irc running.

> IF not why not ?

Because we use e-mail, not irc.  Asynchronous communication is preferred at
the ASF.  We can, and have, used instant messaging of one form or another,
but some projects go far overboard with it to the detriment of the
community.

	--- Noel