Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by S Abirami <s....@ericsson.com.INVALID> on 2023/03/15 09:09:56 UTC

CVE-2023-24998 : Apache Denial of Service

Hi All,

Currently, In our product we are using 9.0.65 version of Tomcat.
We are not using FileUpload option in any of our application and in Servlet.
We don't have any config to limit the file uploads also.

Whether our attacker still able to perform a malicious upload to our server via url.
Please let me know you input regarding this CVE-2023-24998 vulnerability. Whether our application is vulnerable (or) not.

Regards,
Abirami.S

RE: CVE-2023-24998 : Apache Denial of Service

Posted by S Abirami <s....@ericsson.com.INVALID>.
Thanks Mark

> Currently, In our product we are using 9.0.65 version of Tomcat.
> We are not using FileUpload option in any of our application and in Servlet.
> We don't have any config to limit the file uploads also.
>
> Whether our attacker still able to perform a malicious upload to our server via url.
> Please let me know you input regarding this CVE-2023-24998 vulnerability. Whether our application is vulnerable (or) not.

If the application has not enabled Tomcat's built-in support for processing request bodies with content type "multipart/form-data" then the application is not exposed to CVE-2023-24998.

Applications enable this support via the "@MultipartConfig" annotation and/or the "multipart-config" element in web.xml

Note that any frameworks you may be using may enable this processing.
Check the documentation for the framework.

Mark

Re: CVE-2023-24998 : Apache Denial of Service

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.