Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Richard Schottdorf <sc...@screenwave.de> on 2005/11/24 15:20:56 UTC

Image Alignment Solution for BXE

Image Alignment in BXE:

This mail is for everybody having problems to get the image-alignment fixed
in BXE:

1. Get the Object-Attribut 'ID' for your ojects/images in BXE:

Go to xslt/xhtml2xhtml.xsl.
Copy and paste something like

<xsl:if test="string(@width)">
<xsl:attribute name="width">
<xsl:value-of select="@width"/>
</xsl:attribute>
</xsl:if>

Replace it with @id and save!

2. Allow BXE to use the ID-Attribute for objects

Go to /build/lenya/webapp/lenya/resources/
misc/bxeng/contextmenu.xm

Make sure that the ID-Attribute is allowed for Objects in BXE.

3. Create CSS-Style! For example:

#right {
        text-align: left;
        float: right;
        margin-right: "10px";
        }

#left {
        text-align: left;
        float: left;
        margin-left: "10px";
        }

Use margin instead of padding, it's understood by Mozilla and IE.

That's it!

Greetings
Richard

Re: AW: AW: Image Alignment Solution for BXE

Posted by Christian Stocker <ch...@bitflux.ch>.

On 24.11.2005 16:08 Uhr, Richard Schottdorf wrote:
> hm please post the right solution then!

As I said, the Uni Zurich has a proper solution, ask them, as it's not
my code and I don't know, what they had to do overall to get it working
(And I assume they read this list here too)

In short (braindump, I don't have the actual code)

- add a new attribute in the relaxng, eg @imagealign

- adjust the css  for bxe with an attribute selector, so that it does
something there, eg:
img[imagealign=left] { float: left;}

- adjust your xslt for the output (not BXE related)

It's the same principle as your code, but does not use ID and the
attribute css selector
>http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/selector.html#attribute-selectors>.

chregu

> greetings
> richard

christian stocker | Bitflux GmbH | schoeneggstrasse 5 | ch-8004 zurich
phone +41 44 240 56 70 | mobile +41 76 561 88 60 | fax +41 1 240 56 71
http://www.bitflux.ch | christian.stocker@bitflux.ch |  GPG 0x5CE1DECB

AW: AW: Image Alignment Solution for BXE

Posted by Richard Schottdorf <sc...@screenwave.de>.

Posted by Christian Stocker <ch...@bitflux.ch>.

Posted by Richard Schottdorf <sc...@screenwave.de>.

Posted by Christian Stocker <ch...@bitflux.ch>.