Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2021/09/21 06:44:16 UTC

Main updated to 4.4.0-SNAPSHOT and karaf-4.3.x branch

Hi guys,

I have almost finished the main branch update with:

- OSGi R8 (Felix Framework 7.0.1)
- remove of OSGi cmpn and use of single spec bundle now (recommended now)
- update to Pax Web 8.0.0

You can take a look on the working branch here:

https://github.com/jbonofre/karaf/tree/K44

I’m running several builds now to verify all tests are OK, etc.

If there’s no objection, I would like to push:

- create karaf-4.3.x branch with the current main HEAD
- update main branch with K44 branch

Thoughts ?

Thanks
Regards
JB

Re: Main updated to 4.4.0-SNAPSHOT and karaf-4.3.x branch

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Yeah, we already discussed about this and it makes sense.

So, let me update main and then we can work directly on main for Pax Web 8.0.0 compliant commands.

Regards
JB

Posted by Grzegorz Grzybek <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi

Posted by Grzegorz Grzybek <gr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks JBO!

Posted by Steinar Bang <sb...@dod.no>.

> If there’s no objection, I would like to push:

> - create karaf-4.3.x branch with the current main HEAD
> - update main branch with K44 branch

> Thoughts ?

LGTM! (ie. "Looks Good To Me!") :-)

Re: Main updated to 4.4.0-SNAPSHOT and karaf-4.3.x branch

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi guys,

quick update about that: I detected an issue in feature.core service
(due to the use of atomatic spec bundles instead of cmpn).

I'm fixing that and I will push on gitbox.

Regards
JB

Re: 回复:Re: Main updated to 4.4.0-SNAPSHOT and karaf-4.3.x branch

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Ken,

it's something we discussed during a recent call in the Eclipse OSGi
Specification group.

cmpn won't be maintained anymore.

Bascially cmpn (formerly compendium) was an "uber" bundle gathering
bunch of spec: configadmin, eventadmin, etc.
Now, the OSGi Specification group recommendation is to *not* use cmpn
but the individual spec bundle instead, aka org.osgi.service.cm,
org.osgi.service.log, org.osgi.service.event, etc

Karaf 4.4.x now provides all versions in the BoM.

Regards
JB

Posted by ken longnan <ke...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi JB,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi guys,

Posted by Grzegorz Grzybek <gr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks JBO!

I'll play with Karaf 4.4 + Pax Web 8 soon.

regards
Grzegorz Grzybek

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi guys,

Posted by Matt Pavlovich <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1  looking forward to all the pax-web 8 goodies =)