Posted to users@camel.apache.org by erstanl <er...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/04 20:20:26 UTC

http4 to blast requests

Can someone explain to me what this route is doing?

from("direct:registerStuff")
				.threads(19)
				.to(String.format(
						"https4://%s?authUsername=%s&authPassword=%s",
						StringUtils.delete(c.get(Config.REGISTER).toString(),
								"https://"), c.get(Config.USER), c
								.get(Config.PASS)))
				.to("direct:registerStuffResponse");

In particular, what is the outcome of the call to threads(19)? Thanks in
advance.

AW: http4 to blast requests

Posted by "Jan Matèrne (jhm)" <ap...@materne.de>.
>From http://camel.apache.org/async.html
"Example: threads DSL"
// list on the JMS queue for new orders
from("jms:queue:order")
    // do some sanity check validation
    .to("bean:validateOrder")
    .to("mock:validate")
    // use multi threading with a pool size of 20
    // turn the route async as some others do not expect a reply
    // and a few does then we can use the threads DSL as a turning point
    // if the JMS ReplyTo was set then we expect a reply, otherwise not
    // use a pool of 20 threads for the point forward
    .threads(20)
    // do some CPU heavy processing of the message (we simulate and delay
just 500 ms)

.unmarshal(mySecureDataFormat).delay(1000).to("bean:handleOrder").to("mock:o
rder");

Jan