Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by yu wang <op...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/31 08:32:12 UTC

Trinidad /Trinidad 2

hi,

I am learning JSF V2 and want to learn Trinidad 2 .I have the following
questions:

1 The example of beta2(trinidad-2.0.0-beta-2-example) use jsp view .Does it
support facelets view ?If it support it ,Where can I get example of facelets
.

2 The developer docs and tag docs are all trinidad v1.2 .When can I read the
new docs for V2?

3.Release plan of V2.

4 How to build horizontal menuBar? Does trinidad have a horizontal menuBar
compoent liked the follwowing url:

    http://www.chinajava.net/images/questions/menuBar.JPG

Re: Trinidad /Trinidad 2

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.
Reply inside.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 1, 2011, at 1:33 AM, yu wang <op...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1 The example of beta2(trinidad-2.0.0-beta-2-example) use jsp view .Does it
> support facelets view ?If it support it ,Where can I get example of facelets
> .
No, we don't have any facelet examples in the demo.  I do know that
some folks have configured the demo so that all the JSP's run as
facelets in order to test Trinidad's compatibility, but as far as I
know, nobody's actually added facelets examples..

Your welcome to write some and contribute.. ;)

> 2 The developer docs and tag docs are all trinidad v1.2 .When can I read the
> new docs for V2?

Yeah, this was my bad..  I'll try to get to it today.  I believe the
tag doc plugin doesn't work with anything except maven 2.1.  I'll try
2.1 today to see if I can get them generated.  Hopefully we can have
the plugin fixed by the release.

> 3.Release plan of V2.

I don't expect it's too far off but I'm not sure we have an official
plan just yet.  There are some portlet bridge issue (apparently) that
we need to work out and some other high priority bugs which need to be
checked in.  I expect I'll try to start a release within the next few
weeks which I "HOPE" to be a non-beta release, but of course that's up
to the community.

> 4 How to build horizontal menuBar? Does trinidad have a horizontal menuBar
> compoent liked the follwowing url:
>
>    http://www.chinajava.net/images/questions/menuBar.JPG

Although the tag doc is for 1.2, much of the documentation is the same
for 2.0.  That should give you an idea of what Trinidad has to offer.
No menubar component has been added.

Hope that helps,
  Scott