Posted to dev@singa.apache.org by Wang Wei <wa...@comp.nus.edu.sg> on 2015/08/10 05:46:04 UTC

Problems on using CMS

Hi Infra,

I am from Incubator-SINGA project.
We are using CMS to manage our documentations. Here are some problems we
have encountered.

1. The web page cannot list all the files. I have tried to force new
working copy, but some files are still missing from the list.
[image: Inline image 1]
I can see all files in the svn folder
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/singa/site/trunk/content/markdown/docs/
.

2. We cannot receive emails notification from anonymous' updates although
they do tell CMS to send an email to dev@singa....

3. I cannot commit the updates from anonymous users, the CMS reports:
     Conflict

       A conflict in the working copy obstructs the current operation:
Commit failed (details follow)::  Aborting commit:
'/usr/local/cms/wc/singa/wangwei-anonymous-f0ZIJv/trunk/content/markdown/docs/
data.md' remains in conflict at
/usr/local/cms/webgui/lib/ASF/CMS/WC/Commit.pm line 64

     Please visit the following *uri for recovery steps*.

When I click the uri for recovery steps, it reports:
     Can't resolve this resource as it doesn't appear to be in a conflicted
state.

4. Does the gitpubsub support CMS? Can we switch to gitsubpub without
changing the building tool (we are using maven). Using git with github, we
can review and comment non-committer's documentation patch easily.

Thank you.

Regards,
Wei

Re: Problems on using CMS

Posted by Wang Wei <wa...@comp.nus.edu.sg>.
Thanks Tony.

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 12:44 AM, Tony Stevenson <to...@pc-tony.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 11:46:04AM +0800, Wang Wei wrote:
> > Hi Infra,
> >
> > I am from Incubator-SINGA project.
> > We are using CMS to manage our documentations. Here are some problems we
> > have encountered.
> >
> > 1. The web page cannot list all the files. I have tried to force new
> > working copy, but some files are still missing from the list.
> > [image: Inline image 1]
> > I can see all files in the svn folder
> >
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/singa/site/trunk/content/markdown/docs/
> > .
> >
> > 2. We cannot receive emails notification from anonymous' updates although
> > they do tell CMS to send an email to dev@singa....
> >

> I suspect they're in moderation. You should check with a moderator.
>
> > 3. I cannot commit the updates from anonymous users, the CMS reports:
> >      Conflict
> >
> >        A conflict in the working copy obstructs the current operation:
> > Commit failed (details follow)::  Aborting commit:
> >
> '/usr/local/cms/wc/singa/wangwei-anonymous-f0ZIJv/trunk/content/markdown/docs/
> > data.md' remains in conflict at
> > /usr/local/cms/webgui/lib/ASF/CMS/WC/Commit.pm line 64
> >
> >      Please visit the following *uri for recovery steps*.
> >
> > When I click the uri for recovery steps, it reports:
> >      Can't resolve this resource as it doesn't appear to be in a
> conflicted
> > state.
> >

> There is a conflict with this asset that needs to be resolved. This can
> be done by yoursevles forcing a rollback to an older version and then
> fixing the merge conflict manually.

I solved it by downloading the diff file and patching it to the local
source code.

> > 4. Does the gitpubsub support CMS? Can we switch to gitsubpub without
> > changing the building tool (we are using maven). Using git with github,
> we
> > can review and comment non-committer's documentation patch easily.
>
> No, gitpubsub has nothing to do with the CMS. If you want to contine
> with the UI the CMS offers, you will have to stay with the current
> system.

We may consider this later.

Re: Problems on using CMS

Posted by Tony Stevenson <to...@pc-tony.com>.