Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by manuel aldana <al...@gmx.de> on 2009/02/10 01:37:15 UTC

how to set jira ticket status to patch provided?

hi,

does somebody know how to change jira ticket's status to 'Patch
available' or do I just resolve ticket to 'Fixed' (which is a bit
tricky, because nothing has been committed + reviewed yet)?

--
 manuel aldana
 aldana@gmx.de

Re: how to set jira ticket status to patch provided?

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
Em Mon, 09 Feb 2009 22:10:06 -0300, manuel aldana <al...@gmx.de> escreveu:

> you're right. but as patch provider it would also make sense , that I am
> setting status 'Patch available'.

This makes sense. :)

> This way project leads can query for such tickets and review them.
> Otherwise it could happen that patch-provided tickets are overlooked and
> thought not being in progress.
> For now I just add patch and keep the ticket open.

You're right. But remember that every comment made generates a message to
this list. It helps the committers to realize that a patch was added to an
issue. ;)

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://www.arsmachina.com.br/thiago

Re: how to set jira ticket status to patch provided?

Posted by manuel aldana <al...@gmx.de>.
>> [...]  ticket... It would make sense to provide it
>
> That's not weird: you can only resolve or close issues you have
> opened. ;)
> It doesn't make sense for everyone to change the status of every
> issue: that would be chaotic. Only committers (people who can commit
> changes to the project source repository) should be allowed to do that.

you're right. but as patch provider it would also make sense , that I am
setting status 'Patch available'. This way project leads can query for

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by manuel aldana <al...@gmx.de>.

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
Em Mon, 09 Feb 2009 21:37:15 -0300, manuel aldana <al...@gmx.de> escreveu: