Posted to users@maven.apache.org by ccadete <ca...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/31 01:48:39 UTC

[M2] Creating archetype default directoy

I create an artifact with the following archetype.xml:

<archetype>
  <id>simple</id>

  <sources>
    <source>src/main/java/App.java</source>
  </sources>

</archetype>

And now and I using it to create a new project,

mvn archetype:create
-DarchetypeGroupId=myarchetype
-DarchetypeArtifactId=myarchetype
-DarchetypeVersion=1.0
-DgroupId=my.cc
-DartifactId=cc

And see that the directory
"src/main/java/App.java" change to "src/main/java/my/cc/App.java" in the
final project directory. The new directory struture, now have the groupId
before App.java!!

I want to know if this is right behavior: to put all my default package
struture after the project groupId ?

Re: [M2] Creating archetype default directoy

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 8/30/06, ccadete <ca...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to know if this is right behavior: to put all my default package
> struture after the project groupId ?

Yes.  If you want a different package structure, use
   -DpackageName=com.example.project
on the command line.

It should also be replacing ${package} inside App.java, so that
everything is in a directory structure corresponding to the package.

--
Wendy