Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Ramzinator <ra...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/08 13:51:09 UTC

Swapping to Disk Ignite 2.0

Hi all,

Is it possible to set how much RAM a cache is allowed to use before swapping
to disk?
So for example, have a configuration in such a way to use up to 5GB of RAM
before swapping to disk.

Ideally I do not want the cache to use all the available RAM on disk before
swapping.

Thanks,
Ramzinator

Re: Swapping to Disk Ignite 2.0

Posted by Ramzinator <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thank you both for the info :)

Re: Swapping to Disk Ignite 2.0

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Agree :)

-Val

Re: Swapping to Disk Ignite 2.0

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Val,

That’s no longer works for 2.0.

You need to define a memory region with specific maximum size [1]. However, the data will not be swapped to disk once the max threshold is reached. To support a use case you have you need to wait for the Ignite Distributed Persistent store to be released or use a 3rd party database and enable a page eviction policy for the region [2].

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/page-memory#memory-policies <https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/page-memory#memory-policies>
[2] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/evictions#section-page-based-eviction

—
Denis