Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Sven Skrabal <ra...@gmx.net> on 2009/11/27 14:43:59 UTC

Problem with escaping of strings

Hi all,

I'm trying to import data exported via PhpMyAdmin from MySQL. Now my SQL
Statements contain special characters like \r\n. Apache Derby seems to
filter them out. If I import that data I just get this characters
interpreted as normal text. So what I get is a string containing all
data without the  correct newlines. How can I tell Apache Derby to
interpret this text as special charaters?

Example:
INSERT INTO test (test) VALUES ('test\r\ntest');

The column's datatype is LONG VARCHAR. I used the 'Services' tab in
Netbeans IDE to import this data. A lot of research on google and the
reference manual didn't help. Please help :-)

Greetings
Sven S.

Re: Problem with escaping of strings

Posted by Sven Skrabal <ra...@gmx.net>.
Ok, seems I have found the problem in the Netbeans IDE. If I execute the
SQL in Java code everything works perfect. So I've written a small SQL
importer for my data ;) I think that Netbeans escapes every data so its
impossible to import that data with the 'SQL Command' tabs.