Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/09 20:00:29 UTC

[offtopic] Hsql as configuration database + packing your application with an installer?

Hi

I have an application that need to have some sort of configuration database,
the application will connect to other database that will provide data. Have
anyone done something similar? I guess one of the motivators behind it are
that hsql requires very little setup..

Has anyone packed their application with an installer and made it run as an
service with something like winstone?

I know a lot of questions questions :)

regards Nino

Re: [offtopic] Hsql as configuration database + packing your application with an installer?

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
Nino,

> I did look at the tanuka service wrapper, theres a couple of different
> wrappers out there. But did'nt consider jetty, which is a better than
> winstone since im used to working with jetty. Next thing to look at would be
> java installers (might be a good topic for blog posts)..

I have used wrapper for a couple of projects (always on windows) and
it's very easy to use and get's its job done:-). As for the installer
I think it was [1]. But maybe there are better things out there: that
wasn't my decision it was already in place when I joined the team.

Cheers,

Ernesto

References,

1-http://java-source.net/open-source/installer-generators/izpack

Re: [offtopic] Hsql as configuration database + packing your application with an installer?

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.
Ok, nice with the input :)