Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Patrick Roemer <ro...@cs.uni-bonn.de> on 2000/10/20 19:58:58 UTC

XSLT: disable-output-escaping

Hi,

I have had problems passing pre-formatted HTML text unescaped
through XML processing to the browser. I've tried to apply the
disable-output-escaping attribute in the respective XSLT
stylesheet, but that only produced strange '<?xslt-next-is-raw
formatter-to-dom?>' processing instructions prefixing the 'raw'
text that still had its special chars escaped to entities.

It seems that the PI is a leftover of some process that was
intended to serve Xalan's Formatter handlers. Output formatting
is not handled by Formatters but by Xerces' Serializers, though.

I have changed the formatting call in HTMLFormatter to use a
TreeWalker/FormatterToHTML combination instead of a Serializer
and it works. But this is only a quick hack. Does anybody know
where to look in the Cocoon code to get things right for the
Serializer approach? I have not been able to find out a) where
these processing instructions are introduced into the XML
structure and b) how to make the Serializer react to the
disable-output-escaping attribute.

Thanks in advance,
Patrick