Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Keil, Matthias (ORISA Software GmbH)" <Ma...@orisa.de> on 2021/11/22 12:00:43 UTC

JASPIC Provider for FORM based Authentication

Hello everyone,

I take up a topic of my own again. The point there was that I would like to accommodate both the configuration and the actual Server Auth module within the application.
That worked well with your advice.

Unfortunately, I have now reached the point where this solution works for one application, but a parallel application on the same Tomcat then also uses the Server Auth module. There is a <login-config> entry in the web.xml of the second application.
In my opinion, this is ignored as soon as JASPIC is configured for this Tomcat (either statically with jaspic-providers.xml or dynamically by implementing an AuthConfigProvider).

Now here are my questions:
1. Is there a possibility to activate the JASPIC provider for only one of the two applications?
2. OR there is an AuthConfigProvider that could implement the FORM based authentication.

thanks in advance

Matthias

Re: AW: JASPIC Provider for FORM based Authentication

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Mark,

On 12/3/21 05:29, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 03/12/2021 10:00, Keil, Matthias (ORISA Software GmbH) wrote:
>> Hi Mark, sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately I was sick.
>>
>> Thanks for your advice. The error was in front of the computer 😉. I
>> had misspelled the context path in the appContext
>>
>> Now it works as expected
>
> Glad you fixed it and thanks for reporting back. It is always good to
> have the solution in the archives.

+1

And Matthias, I would really love it if you would consider doing a
presentation on JASPIC for the next ApacheCon.

-chris

Re: AW: JASPIC Provider for FORM based Authentication

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 03/12/2021 10:00, Keil, Matthias (ORISA Software GmbH) wrote:
> Hi Mark, sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately I was sick.
>
> Thanks for your advice. The error was in front of the computer 😉. I had misspelled the context path in the appContext
>
> Now it works as expected

Glad you fixed it and thanks for reporting back. It is always good to
have the solution in the archives.

Mark

Posted by "Keil, Matthias (ORISA Software GmbH)" <Ma...@orisa.de>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.