Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Vincent Hennebert <vi...@anyware-tech.com> on 2007/04/02 09:38:06 UTC

Re: Footnotes in the float branch

Hi,

Thinking more about it, it appears that it is not so trivial ;-).
Lacking of time to do a proper implementation, I decided to write down
my ideas on a wiki page [1]. It's not complete yet, I'll try to add
thoughts later on.

In short, I agree with you that only playing with demerits actually is
not enough like I first thought. And also that we should be as few
restrictive as possible when discarding layouts, because we will always
find problematic documents for which there is not many solutions.

Cheers,
Vincent

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/FootnotesAndBeforeFloats