Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Victor Engmark <vi...@terreactive.ch> on 2010/12/03 07:50:41 UTC

How to use custom path for config file

It would be very useful to be able to compile Subversion to use a different path than /etc/subversion/config for the default configuration file. Is this possible? I've also asked on ServerFault <http://serverfault.com/questions/208385/subversion-doesnt-use-custom-config-path>.

Cheers,
Victor

Re: How to use custom path for config file

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 02:50, Victor Engmark
<vi...@terreactive.ch> wrote:
> It would be very useful to be able to compile Subversion to use a different path than /etc/subversion/config for the default configuration file. Is this possible? I've also asked on ServerFault <http://serverfault.com/questions/208385/subversion-doesnt-use-custom-config-path>.

Look at the next to last Global option in svn help <command>.

Re: How to use custom path for config file

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.
On Fri, Dec 03, 2010 at 02:20:54PM +0100, Victor Engmark wrote:
> On Dec 3, 2010, at 12:33 PM, Andy Levy wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 02:50, Victor Engmark
> > <vi...@terreactive.ch> wrote:
> >> It would be very useful to be able to compile Subversion to use a different path than /etc/subversion/config for the default configuration file. Is this possible? I've also asked on ServerFault <http://serverfault.com/questions/208385/subversion-doesnt-use-custom-config-path>.
> >>

> > Look at the next to last Global option in svn help <command>.
>
> This would be even more useful as a compile option (for example the existing --sysconfdir), instead of at each run.

You can change this line in subversion/libsvn_subr/config_impl.h ...

#  define SVN_CONFIG__SYS_DIRECTORY   "/etc/subversion"

... and recompile.

We would happily accept patches that make this path configurable from
the configure script.

Stefan

RE: How to use custom path for config file

Posted by "Ludwig, Michael" <Mi...@delphi-mb.de>.
> > Look at the next to last Global option in svn help <command>.
>
> This would be even more useful as a compile option (for
> example the existing --sysconfdir), instead of at each run.

If it isn't a compile option, you can edit the source and compile.

Or on Linux, use a symlink from the default location to your
custom location.

Michael

Re: How to use custom path for config file

Posted by Victor Engmark <vi...@terreactive.ch>.