Posted to user@flume.apache.org by s ravi <sr...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/15 22:55:27 UTC

Need help in source commands

Hi All,

I am trying to run below activemq source command on agent(it is in
cloud lab) node and getting error. i tried both internal and expernal
IP's...

Could anyone please help me when will this error comes. i can see my
source/sink in extn page

command:

config [agent, activeMQEventSource("tcp://<ipaddress>:61616:61616","VirtualTopic.consumer.asc.answerSent"),
text("/var/log/flume/testactivemq.log")]

error:

2011-11-15 21:50:19,819 ERROR
com.cloudera.flume.master.CommandManager: Unexpected exception during
cmdid:0 config [agent,
activeMQEventSource("tcp://<ipaddress>:61616:61616","VirtualTopic.consumer.asc.answerSent"),
text("/var/log/flume/testactivemq.log")] : Attempted to write an
invalid sink/source: Invalid source: activeMQEventSource(
"tcp://<ipaddress>:61616:61616",
"VirtualTopic.consumer.asc.answerSent" )
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Attempted to write an invalid
sink/source: Invalid source: activeMQEventSource(
"tcp://<ipaddress>:61616:61616",
"VirtualTopic.consumer.asc.answerSent" )
        at com.cloudera.flume.master.ConfigManager.setConfig(ConfigManager.java:96)
        at com.cloudera.flume.master.flows.FlowConfigManager.setConfig(FlowConfigManager.java:285)
        at com.cloudera.flume.master.TranslatingConfigurationManager.setConfig(TranslatingConfigurationManager.java:101)
        at com.cloudera.flume.master.ConfigCommand$1.exec(ConfigCommand.java:87)
        at com.cloudera.flume.master.CommandManager.exec(CommandManager.java:266)
        at com.cloudera.flume.master.CommandManager.handleCommand(CommandManager.java:205)
        at com.cloudera.flume.master.CommandManager$ExecThread.run(CommandManager.java:236)
Caused by: com.cloudera.flume.conf.FlumeIdException: Invalid source:
activeMQEventSource( "tcp://<ipaddress>:61616:61616",
"VirtualTopic.consumer.asc.answerSent" )
        at com.cloudera.flume.conf.FlumeBuilder.buildEventSource(FlumeBuilder.java:477)
        at com.cloudera.flume.conf.FlumeBuilder.buildSource(FlumeBuilder.java:275)
        at com.cloudera.flume.master.ConfigManager.setConfig(ConfigManager.java:94)
        ... 6 more

                                          842,2-9       Bot
Thanks,
Ravi

Re: Need help in source commands

Posted by Mike <mi...@gmail.com>.
The answer may be that the syntax of the source is just not correct:
    "tcp://<ipaddress>:61616:61616",
The duplication of the port segment of the statement does not seem
feasible in the connection string.
Probably better:
    "tcp://<ipaddress>:61616",

-M

Posted by Mingjie Lai <mj...@gmail.com>.
Hi.

You overrode the wrong abstract method in builder(). You should override

     public EventSource build(Context arg0, String... arg1) {

instead of

     public EventSource build(String... argv) {

The latter has been deprecated.

Please refer to the HelloWorldSource sample.

   public static SourceBuilder builder() {
     // construct a new parameterized source
     return new SourceBuilder() {
       @Override
       public EventSource build(Context ctx,String... argv) {
         Preconditions.checkArgument(argv.length == 0,
             "usage: helloWorldSource");

         return new HelloWorldSource();
       }
     };