Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Viknes Balasubramanee <vi...@msn.com> on 2013/06/27 22:28:53 UTC

API to get list of users

Hi,

I was wondering if there is an API (REST) to get a list of all users in the
database. This is required for the admin monitoring dashboard that I am
developing and I want an admin user to be able to look at the list of users
in the system.

Thanks

Viknes

Re: API to get list of users

Posted by Amila Jayasekara <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi Viknes,

Further consider adding other user related operations into admin UI you are
developing.
Other operations include;
1. Adding system users
2. Deleting system users
3. Changing password

All these operations are currently implemented
in org.apache.airavata.services.registry.rest.security.local.LocalUserStore
[1]. You may expose these functionalities through the API.

[1]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/airavata/trunk/modules/rest/service/src/main/java/org/apache/airavata/services/registry/rest/security/local/LocalUserStore.java

Thanks
Amila

RE: API to get list of users

Re: API to get list of users

Posted by Saminda Wijeratne <sa...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 10:34 PM, Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Jul 1, 2013, at 10:27 PM, Amila Jayasekara <th...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Viknes,
> >
> > I am sorry, I was under the impression you are using AiravataAPI. But
> seems
> > you are using the registry api. Therefore +1 for creating UserRegistry
> and
> > adding user related methods.
>
> + 1. Technically Viknes's gsoc project has two parts. His contributions of
> a administrative monitoring dashboard can become a component within
> Airavata. For this t is justified to use the more internal Registry API
> with less stringent  security requirements (assuming the web app can be
> co-hosted with the server). But if we look at the other side of this gsoc
> project, the goal was to make this administrative web interface
> "embeddable" into downstream portals. These interfaces should ideally use
> Airavata API and follow standard integration security requirements. But for
> now, we probably can focus on the internal (bundled administrative
> interface).

+1

Re: API to get list of users

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.