Posted to triplesoup-dev@incubator.apache.org by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net> on 2007/02/23 14:14:27 UTC

Re: svn commit: r510926 - in /incubator/triplesoup/site/design: ./ apache-skin.html apache-skin_files/ apache-skin_files/logo.png apache-skin_files/reset.css apache-skin_files/site.css

On 2/23/07, leosimons@apache.org <le...@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: leosimons
> Date: Fri Feb 23 04:35:51 2007
> New Revision: 510926

> Log:
> Why do my designs always turn into boring white, red and grey?
>
> What do you think? It renders the same on IE7 on windows, firefox 1.5,
> firefox 2, safari (whatever the latest is), lynx, and links. We'd 'just' need to
> update the velocity skin file to work with this.
>
> And it needs a feather somewhere.

Nice, although I'm not a huge fan of the logo ;-)

-garrett

Re: svn commit: r510926 - in /incubator/triplesoup/site/design

Posted by J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>.
Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com> writes:

> On Feb 23, 2007, at 11:00 PM, Leo Simons wrote:
>> I played some more and did another [design].
>
> which, given a general lack of objections, I've now turned into a
> live website at

I like it.

--
  jaaron

Re: svn commit: r510926 - in /incubator/triplesoup/site/design

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.
On Feb 23, 2007, at 11:00 PM, Leo Simons wrote:
> I played some more and did another [design].

which, given a general lack of objections, I've now turned into a
live website at

   http://incubator.apache.org/triplesoup/

cheers,

Leo

Re: svn commit: r510926 - in /incubator/triplesoup/site/design

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 2/23/07, Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com> wrote:
> On Feb 23, 2007, at 3:14 PM, Garrett Rooney wrote:
> > On 2/23/07, leosimons@apache.org <le...@apache.org> wrote:
> >> Author: leosimons
> >> Date: Fri Feb 23 04:35:51 2007
> >> New Revision: 510926

> >> Log:
> >> Why do my designs always turn into boring white, red and grey?
> >>
> >> What do you think? It renders the same on IE7 on windows, firefox
> >> 1.5,
> >> firefox 2, safari (whatever the latest is), lynx, and links. We'd
> >> 'just' need to
> >> update the velocity skin file to work with this.
> >>
> >> And it needs a feather somewhere.
> >
> > Nice, although I'm not a huge fan of the logo ;-)
>
> It's positively hideous! it's also cheesy, silly and just too
> obvious. And it doesn't have a feather, nor does it use the apache
> colors, nothing.
>
> The other logo I once did for the ASF was this one:
>
>    http://excalibur.apache.org/logo.gif
>
> which suffers from all the same problems (except it has even *less*
> color). I'm the world's worst graphic designer. I'm good at writing
> long e-mails though, does that help?
>
> Heh. I played some more and did another one. I think it looks a bit
> less depressing now :-)

The new one is way better, IMO ;-)

Enjoy your vacation!

-garrett

Re: svn commit: r510926 - in /incubator/triplesoup/site/design

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.
On Feb 23, 2007, at 3:14 PM, Garrett Rooney wrote:
> On 2/23/07, leosimons@apache.org <le...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Author: leosimons
>> Date: Fri Feb 23 04:35:51 2007
>> New Revision: 510926

>> Log:
>> Why do my designs always turn into boring white, red and grey?
>>
>> What do you think? It renders the same on IE7 on windows, firefox
>> 1.5,
>> firefox 2, safari (whatever the latest is), lynx, and links. We'd
>> 'just' need to
>> update the velocity skin file to work with this.
>>
>> And it needs a feather somewhere.
>
> Nice, although I'm not a huge fan of the logo ;-)

It's positively hideous! it's also cheesy, silly and just too
obvious. And it doesn't have a feather, nor does it use the apache
colors, nothing.

The other logo I once did for the ASF was this one:

   http://excalibur.apache.org/logo.gif

which suffers from all the same problems (except it has even *less*
color). I'm the world's worst graphic designer. I'm good at writing
long e-mails though, does that help?

Heh. I played some more and did another one. I think it looks a bit
less depressing now :-)

cheers,

- Leo, who is now packing his bags and going on vacation