Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Dain Sundstrom <ds...@gluecode.com> on 2004/09/11 08:41:32 UTC

[Vote] Confluence

>> If there's a volunteer or two, I guess the next steps would be to
>> hold a
>> (PMC-ratified) vote and send a mail off to infrastructure@ for advice.
>> They may wish to delay installation until a successor to nagoya is
>> ready.

MoinMoin is driving me nuts... I propose we ask Apache infrastructure
team to install the Confluence wiki.  Confluence is produced by the
same people that made Jira, and is heavily used by other OpenSource
projects such as Spring and everything at Codehaus.

[ ] Yes, ask Apache infrastructure to install confluence
[ ] No, don't ask Apache infrastructure to install confluence

-dain

--
Dain Sundstrom
Chief Architect

Re: [Vote] Confluence

Posted by ja...@mac.com.
On 11 Sep 2004, at 07:41, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

>>> If there's a volunteer or two, I guess the next steps would be to
>>> hold a
>>> (PMC-ratified) vote and send a mail off to infrastructure@ for
>>> advice.
>>> They may wish to delay installation until a successor to nagoya is
>>> ready.
>
> MoinMoin is driving me nuts... I propose we ask Apache infrastructure
> team to install the Confluence wiki.  Confluence is produced by the
> same people that made Jira, and is heavily used by other OpenSource
> projects such as Spring and everything at Codehaus.
>
> [X ] Yes, ask Apache infrastructure to install confluence
> [ ] No, don't ask Apache infrastructure to install confluence

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

Re: [Vote] Confluence

Posted by Bruce Snyder <fe...@frii.com>.
Dain Sundstrom wrote:

[X] Yes, ask Apache infrastructure to install confluence
[ ] No, don't ask Apache infrastructure to install confluence

Bruce
--
perl -e 'print
unpack("u30","<0G)U8V4\\@4VYY9&5R\\"F9E<G)E=\\$\\!F<FEI+F-O;0\\`\\`");'

The Castor Project
http://www.castor.org/

Apache Geronimo

Re: [Vote] Confluence -- A mini tour

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Sat, Sep 11, 2004 at 10:49:57PM +0200, Jacek Laskowski wrote:
> Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>
> >[X] Yes, ask Apache infrastructure to install confluence
> >[ ] No, don't ask Apache infrastructure to install confluence
>
> I don't know much about Confluence, and don't see "Don't care" option :(
> Anyway, I'm open for new ideas and have voted yes (it's time to see how
> good Confluence really is, but at the same time I'm wondering what the
> next platform we'll be moving to when Confluence will be driving Dain
> nuts ;))

Groovy has a pretty good confluence setup which should give you an
idea of what it's like.

Here is the groovy website:

  http://groovy.codehaus.org/

Here is the front page of the website again with a list of operations
you can take on the page listed down the left.  Note, if you had an
account on the codehaus confluence and were loggen in you woule see
"Edit Page" in the list of operations.

  http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GROOVY/Home

I logged in, clicked the "Edit Page" link, and copy/pasted the source
of the front page so everyone can see what it looks like.

  http://codehaus.org/~dblevins/confluence/frontpage.txt

You can get PDFs from confluence too.  Here is the frontpage as a PDF.

  http://codehaus.org/~dblevins/confluence/frontpage.pdf

You can actually export as much of the site as you want as a PDF.

  http://docs.codehaus.org/spaces/exportspace.action?key=GROOVY

Hmm, wouldn't it be nice to read the Language Guide section of the
groovy website on the plane?

  The Website Page:     http://groovy.codehaus.org/Language+Guide
  The Confluence Page:  http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GROOVY/Language+Guide
  The Exported PDF:     http://codehaus.org/~dblevins/confluence/language_guide.pdf

There is a little tour of what you could do with confluence.

-David

Re: [Vote] Confluence

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <jl...@apache.org>.
Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> [X] Yes, ask Apache infrastructure to install confluence
> [ ] No, don't ask Apache infrastructure to install confluence

I don't know much about Confluence, and don't see "Don't care" option :(
Anyway, I'm open for new ideas and have voted yes (it's time to see how
good Confluence really is, but at the same time I'm wondering what the
next platform we'll be moving to when Confluence will be driving Dain
nuts ;))

Jacek

Re: [Vote] Confluence

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <ds...@gluecode.com>.
On Sep 12, 2004, at 2:26 AM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

>> MoinMoin is driving me nuts... I propose we ask Apache infrastructure
>> team to install the Confluence wiki.  Confluence is produced by the
>> same people that made Jira, and is heavily used by other OpenSource
>> projects such as Spring and everything at Codehaus.
>>
>> [ ] Yes, ask Apache infrastructure to install confluence
>> [ ] No, don't ask Apache infrastructure to install confluence
>>

> [X] I want to use Confluence, and am willing to work with the ASF
> Infrastructure team to get this done, including volunteering to help
> install, administrate and maintain.
>
> geir

That is a better answer :)   I'm moving vote to that category

-dain

Re: [Vote] Confluence

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.

geir@4quarters.com

Re: [Vote] Confluence

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Re: [Vote] Confluence

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <ds...@gluecode.com>.

AW: [Vote] Confluence

Posted by Martin Kastner <ma...@objectwork.de>.
 [x] Yes, ask Apache infrastructure to install confluence
 [ ] No, don't ask Apache infrastructure to install confluence

 + Martin