Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Frank Herrmann <fr...@modernizingmedicine.com> on 2016/02/02 19:42:09 UTC

Using jconsole to monitor Ehcache

Hello all,

I'm working on switching our query caching to Ehcache. Does anyone know how
to monitor Ehcache injected into Cayenne via EhCacheQueryCache in jconsole?

In case it matters, I'm using Cayenne 3.1.

Thanks for the help.

-Frank

--
FRANK HERRMANN
SOFTWARE ENGINEER

T: 561-880-2998 x1563

E: frank.herrmann@modmed.com

[image: [ Modernizing Medicine ]] <http://www.modmed.com/>
[image: [ Facebook ]] <http://www.facebook.com/modernizingmedicine> [image:
[ LinkedIn ]] <http://www.linkedin.com/company/modernizing-medicine/> [image:
[ YouTube ]] <http://www.youtube.com/user/modernizingmedicine> [image: [
Twitter ]] <https://twitter.com/modmed_EMA> [image: [ Blog ]]
<http://www.modmed.com/BlogBeyondEMR> [image: [ Instagram ]]
<http://instagram.com/modernizing_medicine>

Re: Using jconsole to monitor Ehcache

Posted by Frank Herrmann <fr...@modernizingmedicine.com>.
Connecting jconsole to the Tomcat instance wasn't my issue. The
net.sf.ehcache wasn't getting reported to mbeans so I could see how the
cache was being utilized.

I figured it out, however. In my case, we have a Spring environment. I had
to start Ehcache with Spring, then extend EhCacheQueryCache to use the
Spring started Ehcache instance.

Thanks for the reply.

-Frank

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.